Usb Audio Interface

Bra Beatz

Hey guys,
im new here and i need help. Im from germany so sorry for my english i hope you understand me.
I need an audio interface because my soundcard from my hp laptop isnt for music production. I dont want to record vocals or guitars i need it only for a lower latency and an better sound.
My budget is til 100€
My studio monitors are krk rokits now they work with cinch but i want to change it with xlr for a better sound. So hoe i have to connect the krks with the interface ? Or still with the laptop ?
I work with a little midi keyboard (usb) and the maschine mikro from Native Instruments (usb)
I hope you can help me and give me few tipps how i can connect the whole shit ;-)
Thanks a lot !

Stretch your budget slightly and get the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. It's pretty much the standard budget/beginner interface these days.

Changing the type of cables used will not result in spectacularly better sound, btw - it's more or less like expecting water to transform into wine because you passed it through a golden faucet. Most budget interfaces have TRS outputs, but it matters very little which ones you end up using.

I'm running a Lexicon Alpha right now (my first non-M Audio interface in well over a decade) and it's pretty good. Looks like you can pic one up for about 69 euros.

Lexicon Alpha Studio

Sorry for being random but may I ask why you switched to lexicon? Better yet why you stopped using M-Audio? Going to buy my first interface soon (m-audio was my first choice) so I'm just curious, thanks.

Sorry for being random but may I ask why you switched to lexicon? Better yet why you stopped using M-Audio? Going to buy my first interface soon (m-audio was my first choice) so I'm just curious, thanks.

Sorry for the extremely late reply.

I switched to Lexicon because it was on sale. I was looking for a used M-Audio interface for my laptop since I'm using it as my DAW for the time being and couldn't find one for cheap. Guitar Center had a sale on the Lexicon ($50USD) and I jumped on it.

When I'm back in a house at the end of this month I'll be pulling my DAW back out of storage and I'll grab a used M-Audio interface for it (either another Firewire Solo or a Firewire 410), but I'll be keeping my Lexicon strictly for mobile use.

Back