Turntable to Pc to Speakers

Ryan Chance

Whats up, i'm going to get straight to the point here. I have 3 turntables/vinyl players whatever you want to call em'.
I'm looking to be able to simply play my records through my pc to play through my speakers, i have this unit thing that came with the player and i have no idea what it's for other than controlling gain and pan etc. What do i need to be able to play my records on my turntable through my pc to speakers? some sort of amp or audio interface?:hmmm:

What's the "unit thing"? You'll probably want some kind of a DJ mixer (which will also have phono preamps, which are needed with turntables), and yes, some kind of an audio interface - although you'll naturally have some kind of a basic soundchip that'll work as well. There are DJ mixers with built-in interfaces, so something like that would cover all your needs. Not that many to connect three 'tables at once, though.

The unit thing is a box that came with the player, i'm new to this whole thing so at this time i don't have the name for it. I'd say it was a mixer tho, i just can't get it to play through my speakers.

I make sampled beats using records so i need that to hear the songs nice and clear n loud and not almost silence with a lo fi effect, since the record player don't have speakers built in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too ^^^^, but, it would be nice to have confirmation. Who knows, maybe we all need a better unit thing? ;)

GJ

im pretty sure that unit thingy is a phono preamp, if your turntable doesnt have built in speakers its probably needs to be ran to that phono preamp and from there to a mixer and or usb audio interface considering you have the right cables. but most people struggle with finding the right input/output on there computer to play there turntable. and if you dont know, you need something like a daw to play your turntable like audacity or fl studio demo. Google usually has been a good source for figuring out how to hook up turntables, do your research and you'll find out easily.

Back