Suggestions on new computer

Insania

Insania
Hi guys,
My PC has been slow as hell lately and I am looking for an upgrade.
Do you have any suggestions on what computer is suitable for making music?
Preferrably in a not too high price class.

Thanks!

Last edited:
what do you currently have?

Brand
OS including any updates
MOBO
CPU type
CPU speed
FSB speed

maybe you just need to run a few programs across it like CCleaner and Belarc advisor and a do full disk defragment

what software do you currently have installed?

but yes this is eminently cleanable and still very usable

Umm. I use Windows 8, Fl 10 and ableton. I also dont produce with any plugins (like Izotope Ozone) on my master channel which can hold a lot of cpu.

given that you are running 8 just use CCleaner to begin with - let it deal with all the options simply to give your pc a good deep scrub of out of date cache files and temp/tmp files

once it is done download and run mydefrag using system disk monthly as the setting - this will reorganise your drive and remove all fragmented files which may be causing some of your experienced kludginess

given that you are running 8 just use CCleaner to begin with - let it deal with all the options simply to give your pc a good deep scrub of out of date cache files and temp/tmp files

once it is done download and run mydefrag using system disk monthly as the setting - this will reorganise your drive and remove all fragmented files which may be causing some of your experienced kludginess

Okay thanks a lot! I hope it works ;)
Is it able to run big project after this? And won't some my vst's be deleted or such? (I haven't bought all my plugins ;d)

nothing that is permanently installed will be deleted

as for running big projects I cannot say yes or no but if you could do so once upon a time then the answer should be you can do it again

ps the maintenance routine detailed above should be done every month to ensure the continued good performance of your computer

Okay, thank you so much! You were really helpful to me.
I'll try your suggestion and if I have any question I'll ask them :)

Back