A simple question.

Mert Ocak

Hi guys.
I wanna ask a question to you. I can't buy reference monitor to make music because i stay in a dormitory. The manager don't allow to buy it. So, i wanna buy headphone and sound card. I know they are not sufficient to make a good music but i must conduct my projects with them. By the way, im interested in Electronic music like dubstep and trap music. If you understand me, can you suggest me sound card and headphone to make better music?

Thanks in advance for your interest!

You can get a decent mix, that you could send to a mastering engineer, using only good headphones, computer speakers, and some reference material. (listening to other songs in same genre). You would also want to play it back on other soundsystems if possible. Work with what you got until you can get in a better situation.

My advice is don't let your dormmanagaer see your new monitors! monitors have time-of-arrival sound(depth), headphones are linear(no depth). Headphones can't reproduce sub bass frequences. genre is not important on kind of equipment, all music should sound the same frequency wise(minus some sub bass with electronic music)

if you do get headphones please get monitor headphones with a flat response(not shit phones like Bass by Dre)

Wapiti Wisdom

Hi Mert,

Good headphones I can recommend are the AKG K 701 as well as Sennheiser's HD 650 - These are a bit higher in price in comparison to the AKG 701, but if you can afford it this pair is beastly.

Back