Saffire 14 Pro hardware not recognized

graceboi

I have a hard time the entire day trying to get the unit to work with my on board 1394 VIA chipset 400, 6 pin, running on Windows 7 64bit. It's not being recognized. I have downloaded the latest control mixer 3.2/driver and it's still not working. The FW led in the front doesn't come on. I'm using the "1394 OHCI Complaint Hose Controller" and revered back to the Legacy.. still doesn't work. So now I think the issue is with my FW it's not compatible with the unit. I was wondering if anyone had the same problems with this interface.

I am considering buying a FW card that Focusrite recommended. I think I have found the solution. There are only a few FW chipset that will work with this unit. Both TI and VIA FW chipset does work, but they have to be (taken from the Saffire Pro 14 manual):

- Texas Instruments (TSB43AB22, TSB43AB23 and XIO2200A)
- VIA (VT6306, VT6307 and VT6308)

As far as I understand, the FW that is built into the motherboard never work. It cannot be a combo; meaning the card cannot include both FW and USB at the same time. The card has to be just the FW port with the chipset mentioned above. So I hope this clear some doubt to people who is looking to buy this unit.

Last edited:
Back