Ross Systems 8x2 Mixer

C

ChocoSpazDaddy

Is it a good mixer? I found it for only 49 bucks, no tax. Is it worth the buy? I don't want my parents gettin pissed at me over another piece of equipment in my room, especially if its crap.

Thanks you guys.
...And Mods are cool.:D

I'd suggest get a small Behringer. Behringer basically takes the same circuit designs from companies like Mackie and dbx, but makes everything in China so the cost is nil. I've never heard of Ross Systems. Behringer has some decent clout, and from what I've used first hand, are tanks and sound pretty good.

I would, except every expeirance that I have had with a Behringer Mixer has been so faulty and I really don't like that feel. Also, I can get this Ross Mixer 8x2 for only 30 bux. So...;)

Then what have you got to lose other than your pride, diginity, and self respect? :)

JK

I think the point is that for just a teensy bit more money you could get something a lot better.

If you don't want Behringer, you really don't want Ross. It's like saying "I don't like Hyundai, so I'm gonna buy a Yugo 'cuz it's cheaper"

My buddy has a Ross 8x2 mixer. It has inserts on every channel, which is nice. He uses 'em for record sends. Also, mic preamps on every channel.

It's big and heavy, as opposed to a Behringer.

It's taken tons of abuse, cigarette ash, the occasional spilled beer, which is more than any Behringer I've ever seen could do.

Sound quality is okay. About like you could expect with a Behringer, only the Ross has a better power supply.

Full disclosure: I've worked pimping gear before, and I know that the repair shelf was constantly full of malfunctioning Behringer gear.

I also know that the strongest compliment anybody ever pays a Behringer is "well, it's always done an okay job for me." or "it sounds pretty good for the money". I haven't heard anybody claim that Behringer gear is actually better than anything else on the planet without the phrase "for the money" involved.

-Hoax

Like dansgold said: they occupy the same area of the audio spectrum. It's just that I can't see giving Behringer any financial encouragement for what they're doing.

-Hoax

Back