reason and project mix i/o

nativeballa_30

i was just wondering if reason is compatible with project mix i/o. i read on the guitar center site somebody's review stated the midi works alright but using it with reason they had some glitches...i was wondering if its true and what the glitches might be

old post I'm replying to.. but it went unanswered. so for the next guy that is wondering...

yes! the project mix works in Reason 3 really well so far. I don't see any weird glitches yet.

all buttons seem to be working.. and the display reads out the devices on the LCD even.

When on the mixer in reason.. it has Dr Rex / Redrum / Subracter whatever you name your devices over the faders.

rotary switches seem to be working fine for pan etc.

When switching from the mixer to say.. Dr Rex all the faders move to the levels of the faders on the Dr Rex. There's no labels though.

when on the redrum.. the lights illuminate with the corresponding drum hit on that channel.

Anyway, its working and its F'n DOPE!!

Last edited:
Okay, let's take it to the next level.

First, I have Reason 4.0 so if it worked in 3, surely it will work in 4.

Second does anybody know how it will work in Pro Tools with Reason ReWired in?

I guess it'll probably just control PT.

It will probably work with Reason 4. Just add "mackie control" in your midi devices.

Right now, I rewire Reason w/ Cubase. what it does is if I record automation on slider 1.. it automates for both programs. . I'm not sure what Pro-Tools will do, but I'm guessing something similar. You'd prob. wanna bounce your tracks and import them

OMG...strictly as an interface...it is unbelievable...as a controller it's pretty nice too...but damn...I thought my Yamaha HS 50M's weren't that good but they bang with the PM I/O as the interface.

Project Mix - Reason 5

I just acquired a Project Mix (M Audio)
I am running:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

I Have Reason 5, When I go to Pref->Keyboards and CS->I then run the Auto Detect and it reads it, however non of the workers or faders seem to sink in with anything. I have also tried to set it up as a Mackie Control and M Audio (Other CS) and nothing.... Any ideas brothers?

Back