Problems with MIDI keyboard in one computer but not another. Need advice.

dactyl

Nevermind, Problem solved (thread can be removed)

Edit: Nevermind, I ended up purchasing a power adapter and it solved the problem. I couldn't figure out a way to delete the thread, so I changed the title in case a moderator wants to.

"I just got an M-Audio Axiom 49. When I plug it into my desktop via USB, Windows 7 keeps returning a "USB Device Not Recognized" error. When I plug it into my laptop, however, Windows 7 notices the device immediately and it works without any problems. I have been sitting here fighting with it tonight and have gotten my desktop to recognize it about 3 times. Basically I have just unplugged then plugged it back in and it sometimes works, but not usually. I think this -might- be a power issue, but I am not sure. I do not have a DC adapter for the Axiom right now, so the power is coming from USB. My desktop has more hard drives and peripherals to power than my laptop does, so I am wondering if a lack of power could be causing this error on one computer but not the other? If so, I assume purchasing a DC adapter would solve the problem.

I can plug my Maschine into the exact same USB port on my desktop as the Axiom and it works fine, so it is not a problem with the port. I even tried switching the USB cable from the Maschine to the Axiom, and the problem with the Axiom persists. The only thing I can think is a power issue, but this is a first for me so I can't be sure.. Any input would be very appreciated."

Last edited:
Back