PreSonus Audiobox USB Audio Interface any good? I don't want to settle.

illtalk900

I needa Audio Interface. I'm mostly recording rap vocals, and maybe some singing. I also make beats on FL Studio, but with no MIDI Instruments (but I might in the future).

The PreSonus Audiobox USB seems to have everything I need. XLR, Phantom Power, 24-bit sample rate, I think it's compatible with Cool Edit Pro (is it with Pro Tools?) and it's cheap. But the price tag of $150 makes it seem to cheap.

I don't wanna settle for something just cuz it's cheap. Anyone have any experience with the PreSonus Audiobox USB? Would you have any other suggestions for Audio Interfaces? (Preferably in the $100-$300 range... Im willing to go higher if it's really worth it tho)

I want something that will last me and be worth it. And is there any sound quality difference between USB and FireWire?

No real experience with it, but it's a pretty barebones interface - the price seems fine for an entry-level unit with these kind of features. Should be just as compatible as anything...including Pro Tools (9). USB/FW don't have anything to do with the quality, they just transfer the data.

No real experience with it, but it's a pretty barebones interface - the price seems fine for an entry-level unit with these kind of features. Should be just as compatible as anything...including Pro Tools (9). USB/FW don't have anything to do with the quality, they just transfer the data.
Ohh ok, thanks. I been wondering that for a while. So do more expensive audio interfaces have better sound quality, or it just depends on the bit rate and stuff like that?

the The PreSonus AudioBox USB will get the job done.
check out Komplet audio 6
$299.00 Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 | Sweetwater.com
Ahh, that one looks good. Has the XLR, 24-bit, MIDI ports. Do yu have that one? Any idea if it's compatible with CEP/Pro Tools/FL Studios? Is it reeeeally worth the extra $150?

Last edited:
The M-Audio Fast Track Ultra is a good one!
That one definitly looks the nicest. Has the specs I need and some extra XLR ports just incase to.

But one question, if I already have a soundcard in my laptop that records, do I still need an audio interface? What exactly does an AI do besides provide more input/outputs? I'm pretty sure it improves the quality of raw vocals at least if its a good audio interface? Or no?

Hi, my internal sound card has some serious noise issues. I have posted an MP3 example in another thread.

Will buying an external audio interface definitely fix this? Probably going for the presonus myself.

An audio interface helps in better sound quality and lower latency when recording. They also give better routing and sampling capabilities. Every interface is different each has a different quality an can give you a different sound. The sound card that comes standard in your laptop may be able to record but will not give you the same quality as n interface. So those are some of the advantages with an interface.

You would think the more expensive the better it is, but it's not always that way. You really have to do your homework when picking an interface. See witch one is right for you and suits your needs. Watch videos, read reviews, compare specs, price, n so on...

Last edited:
An audio interface helps in better sound quality and lower latency when recording. They also give better routing and sampling capabilities. Every interface is different each has a different quality an can give you a different sound. The sound card that comes standard in your laptop may be able to record but will not give you the same quality as n interface. So those are some of the advantages with an interface.

You would think the more expensive the better it is, but it's not always that way. You really have to do your homework when picking an interface. See witch one is right for you and suits your needs. Watch videos, read reviews, compare specs, price, n so on...
Ohhhh ok. Appreciate it. Not everyone is that straight forward. As long as it improves sound quality and lower latency its def. worth it.

After reading some reviews, I heard people had alotta problems with the M-Audio one, and it isn't that great for vocals. I think I'ma cop the Komplete Audio 6 yu recommended. I read a few reviews, and some guy that needed it for about the same things i did and compared it to a bunch of other interfaces said it was def. the best.

Do yu have it? Use it for vocals and/or beats?

Back