PCI-e Soundcard vs USB Soundcard

shadsse

Hello guys

I couldn't decide what to do and very confused:hmmm: i searched for an answer and i found nothing to usefull so i googled for production and audio recording forum and i found this forum, so here's my question;

I 've recently built a pc for recording mixing etc as well as for gaming, i wanna install mac os to it and use (and learn of course) logic pro and pro tools, sometime later i found Maya XTe and seems usefull to me, but there is also usb soundcards which confuses and brings me here for example steinberg cl1.

I wanna play and record my bass guitar and for the other instruments im plannig to use vst's, which one gives the best results ? thank you.

usb audio interface has inouts and outputs for speakers and headphones etc.
internal soundcards probably perform much better if firewire is involved.

Around 10 years ago I had emu 0404 pci version which was performing very well - no issues at all. Then I had break in my music production 'career' and comming back in the business I bought usb version of this card... It was so rubbish - sound quality worst, lot of noise when recording and some weird errors very often.

usb audio interface has inouts and outputs for speakers and headphones etc.
internal soundcards probably perform much better if firewire is involved.

maya44xte.jpg
should maya44 xte works good for me then ?

Around 10 years ago I had emu 0404 pci version which was performing very well - no issues at all. Then I had break in my music production 'career' and comming back in the business I bought usb version of this card... It was so rubbish - sound quality worst, lot of noise when recording and some weird errors very often.

thanks for the info ;)

Last edited:
PCI based audio interfaces are always better......because USB is a middleman protocol which taxes the CPU and introduces latency prior to connecting to the PCI bus anyway.

Back