PC vs Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

-/-

Honest opinions and no bashing...go at it.

I really start this because im on a very well built PC notebook (16gb ram, i7) and have run into a few more workflow-inhibiting issues than I had expected on a powerful machine

your issues are not down to whether the machine is a mac or a pc (they are all the same under the hood now - it is the os that is different and even then they are all variants on u*ix/linux)

some more details other than i7 16gb ram
mobo make and model
processor model more than just the i7
OS version
drivers installed
using internal or external soundcard?

then we might hazard some guesses as to why you are experiencing your problems

your issues are not down to whether the machine is a mac or a pc (they are all the same under the hood now - it is the os that is different and even then they are all variants on u*ix/linux)

some more details other than i7 16gb ram
mobo make and model
processor model more than just the i7
OS version
drivers installed
using internal or external soundcard?

then we might hazard some guesses as to why you are experiencing your problems

Asus N76VJ 2.4GHz, 2 TB HDD, Windows 8, Not Sure what you mean on drivers, and Just copped a low-end soundcard and am learning to configure and use it.

drivers are the proprietary software that handles the communication between the core os functions and the hardware - so your soundcard should have shipped with a driver cd or win 8 installs the appropriate drivers when it detects the soundcard

Whatever the problem is its not power.
That setup is more than enough.

Some of the top producers in the UK still use the old powermac G5's.

I used to use an i7 pc, Then I switched to a laptop, and now I'm actually on a quad core G5.

A certain step down in power, but it makes no difference to me. Its powerful enough, and now I have the advantage of using Logic which is my favorite sequencer.

You have a powerful maschine there.

You need to tell us more about the problems.

I had 18 instances of Nexus on my mac yesterday, along with zebra 2 and sylinth.
Space designer reverb on 5 buses, and a heap of other processing plugins.

It ran fine. And they're all very power hungry plugins, so why you're having the problems I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah all my drivers are set up right with the hardware I'm using. And Im confused too man it doesnt make a whole lot of sense

Whatever the problem is its not power.
That setup is more than enough.

Some of the top producers in the UK still use the old powermac G5's.

I used to use an i7 pc, Then I switched to a laptop, and now I'm actually on a quad core G5.

A certain step down in power, but it makes no difference to me. Its powerful enough, and now I have the advantage of using Logic which is my favorite sequencer.

You have a powerful maschine there.

You need to tell us more about the problems.

I had 18 instances of Nexus on my mac yesterday, along with zebra 2 and sylinth.
Space designer reverb on 5 buses, and a heap of other processing plugins.

It ran fine. And they're all very power hungry plugins, so why you're having the problems I'm not sure.

Whats quad core the equivalent to for intel? Whats crazy is I use those vst's you named a lot plus a lot of other power hungry ones (All of Tone 2's stuff, Rob Papen, Massive, Kontakt, the list goes on)...But yeah its a monster laptop but Im not sure what I can do to use it to its FULL capabilities

Once you get used to the organization of a mac you have a hard time finding the "close window" button on a pc.

Pffft typical Mac user...:rolleyes:....I don't sit around playing with how my operating system opens and closes programs.......because I am far too busy seeing how many notes of polyphony I can get....you know in case I grow some extra fingers or some shit.

dawbench-vi-cv.jpg

Pffft typical Mac user...:rolleyes:....I don't sit around playing with how my operating system opens and closes programs.......because I am far too busy seeing how many notes of polyphony I can get....you know in case I grow some extra fingers or some shit.

View attachment 40747

Or in case you play a bunch of notes with insanely long release times... or forget to let up off the sustain pedal. ;)

-Ki
Salem Beats

Who else doesn't hate Win 8 as much as the rest of the world does? I'm kinda used to it now and i don't have a touchscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back