Which PC is best for music production ?

GeriDeeJay

Hi guys,

i want it to know which PC is best for music production.

If you have any link with specifications you can post it here.

Thank you. :)

Depends entirely on your needs basically. Sampled beats or like some sort of mpc workflow then even a tablet would suffice, And I'm talkin 1.3ghz atom lol.
But for stuff like synthesis and multiple tracks and layering, effects and automation or building modules, depends entirely on workflow.

In general though using a low end tablet as an mpc is actually pretty funnily decent.
But Ideally a machine with a minimum of 8gb of system ram,a processor that is an A6 or above in tier and a good harddrive. 7200rpm, not advised to go below that speed.
Clock speed is proportionate to how intense things get.

Alotta of stuff going on=faster proc needed.

If you not a builder then any cyberpower desktop or avatar desktops imo. Not fond of alienwares at all.

it's very important to get something with adequate cooling. some laptops don't have proper cooling and can overheat and the ram starts to fail, giving errors.
desktops usually have good enough cooling until you add more hard drives inside. desktops also tend to have better BIOS editing capabilities which is important for optimizing for DAW use. Also some laptops don't have enough USB ports. Also make sure that the hard drive speeds are 7200 rpm or faster. most laptops use only 5400 rpm drives.

I only can speak from my personal experience. I'm using FL Studio.

I'd recommend using a desktop PC with a fast CPU and much RAM. Graphics card is not that important.
A desktop PC will make using peripheral devices much more comfortable and also upgrading your PC if necessary will be easier.
If you have a ton of automation clips and for example vocal samples plus ASIO devices, then your CPU will have to work hard and your RAM will be filled with all these data, so a good CPU and RAM will come in handy.

Good luck & fun producing!

Unless you're running ProTools, pretty much anything you buy these days is adequate for music production.

ProTools requires an i5, but doesn't specify which generation of i5 you need. That's the only time where you really need to plan a PC build or purchase.

Back