MPC STUDIO & FL Studio: Using MPC as a plugin? Best way to use it?

AG Beats

Hey all, I'm trying to find some good info on how to integrate the MPC studio with FL studio.

I want to use it for it's ease of use, and the note repeat function. I can get the MPC to work as strictly a controller with the pads and control something like FPC, but no MPC quantize, no note repeat, no 16 levels.....

The drums/note repeat/16 levels are the main thing I would like to use the MPC inside FL for, but having a SUPER easy sample chopper is nice too and would expand my sound.

I can record the audio output of the MPC software plugin, but ideally I'd like to be able to have all the sounds from the MPC on their own mixer tracks, with MIDI i can control all inside FL.

The MPC workflow is sick, but I just know FL so well and I can really tweak and do some of my signature stuff inside FL.

Main thing is that I'd like to know if there's a way to basically route each sound of the MPC to it's own mixer track in FL, and also keep the midi data.

Ideally, I would use the MPC with note repeat and 16 levels and its quantize/swing settings to control sounds in FL via midi.

Idk if I'm explaining or if it's possible...not a lot out there it seems like

I still remember that fpc routing thing, it's in there but you'll have to look for it in the fpc and there's exactly what you asked for.

I still remember that fpc routing thing, it's in there but you'll have to look for it in the fpc and there's exactly what you asked for.

You sure I can get 16 levels and note repeat though? As it is now I can use the pads only with FPC already. The shit on AKAI websites and my softwares don't match up, I can't get the transport controls to link right.

And the screen of the MPC studio glitches up and distorts when running inside FL. Earlier, MPC software was crashing everytime I tried to duplicate a sequence. I'm not ready to say I'm disappointed yet because there's always and learning curve and best practices I may not know, but I hope I can get this thing really integrated into my work flow. My drum patterns have already skyrocketed. And it comes with some nice drum kits and one shots!

Earlier I made a lil track just recording the output of the MPC. I did pad mute and got each individual sound, but the next loops I just exported as a whole drum loop for speed purposes. Then I realized I could use that as a parallel compression track most likely. Among other things.

Right now, the best plan I can think of is this:

Use MPC as a plugin in FL (try to get rid of glitchyness and get the transport to link correctly), and record the output using either pad mutes, track mutes, etc. Or record the whole loop as audio.

To speed things up I could learn to realyl tweek the sounds as best as I can in MPC so I don't have to do much to the audio in FL.

But this all kind of seems inefficient. Not sure if there's a better way. I would really like to be using FL's piano roll, because I feel like it's such a nice UI and so controllable.

That's how it's supposed to be though, if a drumpad machine isn't hooked to a instrument vst it just does everything to one drum with different pitches in general. Also instrument vsts are always attached to the sequencer in all daws, effect vsts aren't for the most part.

Anotha, you can manually assign parameters to your device to automate by right clicking, every daw I've played with allows this type of knob/fader assign function.

All vsts like fpc,kong sytrus etc these are always connected to the track's sequencer all the time.
I'm confused because the stuff you asked, the mpd18/padkontrol I have worked with note repeat.
If the midi and audio are glitching out on you that's a whole other problem called latency man.

Back