Motherboards without onboard sound or video

midisam775

I am planning to build my own computer exclusively for audio recording, playback, etc.

Can anyone recommend good motherboards that do not have onboard sound or an onboard graphics card. In reading various threads, VIA chipsets are a no no. Intel CPU's are the way to go, ASUS and Tyan appear to be the choices. Many of the new motherboards (like the ASUS P4C800) have the ADI AD1985 SoundMAX 6-channel CODEC Audio Sensing and Enumeration Technology support S/PDIF out interface. Really not sure what all that means. Does it have an onboard sound card or not?

I have a Delta 66 sound card and an ATI All-in-wonder graphics card already.

Thanks

abit is another good one. but i would definitely go with the asus.

Thanks, but I cannot seem to find any ASUS without an onboard sound or graphics card. Do you know any in the P4 line for ANY manufacturer even ABIT?

Regards

yeah it looks like most of these newer motherboards have integrated audio. my dell did as well when i got it...no big problem though, i just disabled it completely, and i don't have conflicts or nothing like that.

Thanks. This is bad news. I really didn't want to deal with onboard anything. Still cannot believe newer motherboards do not have the option to exclude these controllers. If anyone knows, please post here. :-)

Regards

midisam775 said:
Thanks. This is bad news. I really didn't want to deal with onboard anything. Still cannot believe newer motherboards do not have the option to exclude these controllers. If anyone knows, please post here. :-)

Regards

Pretty much all motherboards now have at least integrated audio, and most have integrated netword and video too. If you don't like it, you don't have to deal with it. Just disable them in BIOS, and no problems.

How about an intel motherboard???

875 chipset comes in versions without onbaord sound or video.

I plan on gettin the intel 875 motherboard... why would anybody get an intel processor and not get an intel motherboard? they are built for each other obviously by the same company.....

Back