Mono out Synth to phones = Left ear only NOOB

bussy233

MS2000R_Top.jpg

KORG ms2000 synth I just bought off ebay with no problems mentioned. I just received new $125 KRK KNS 8400 headphones which work fine with PC and audio interface. I plug them into the Mono out as shown in photo but I only hear the synth in the left ear. If I pull the phone's plug half out the jack, I hear it in both ears. I used the 1/8 to 1/4 stereo adapter included with my headphones.
Next I tried to plug the synth into my audio interface, just a basic Roland Duo Capture. the cable I used I was told on a forum is a Stereo Breakout with a 1/8 TRS and that 1/8 goes to a 1/4 orange and a 1/4 gray TS. (Its two 1/4s on one end that go into one 1/8). Nothing happens when I plug the orange to the Right or try and reverse it and try all the different settings on the audio interface. Maybe this is supposed to be used with my electric guitar though.
Then I tried the cable I was told on a forum is a guitar AKA patch cable aka instrument cable which is 1/4 on both sides (Unbalanced 2 conductor TS plugs), and the synth sounds great with this.

I'm just wondering is there something wrong with the headphone jack since I went mono with the headphones straight into the synth and only hear it in one ear? I don't really care, I'm just sampling it before selling it again but I don't want to sell a defective item. Thanks

Back