which mixer console for Nuendo or Cubase

Pablo Shifty

Sup guys, i wanna buy analoge mixer console and idk which good working with DAW... i have to position Soundcraft EPM 12 and Mackie CFX 20 MK II, i would like kno, how much tracks can i put on one fader in this models, yu kno i mean i have for example 12 faders, and in my mix session i have 24 tracks, can i put 2 tracks for one faderr? and 3 groups for one sub fader? Or do yu have some another mixer? My budget is $250

Lemme kno guys

Thanks

How exactly are you planning to use this with a DAW? What kind of audio interface are you using? Both of these only have your regular mono inputs on most of the tracks, so combining two tracks into one fader isn't gonna happen easily (unless you do this in your audio interface's software mixer, provided there is one).

An analogue solution for 24 or even 12 tracks isn't really gonna happen with $250.

suop man I use Cubase, and i wanna buy mixer bcuz i wanna have better control for my mix, yu kno real faders, its better when i can works with 3 faders in this same time, wothout mixers is impossible... i have M-Audio fast track interface, and laptop HP Envy, yeah i think about buy new interface... and how i wanna use mixer? i wanna have control on faders in my DAW

That's kind of what I thought :) You're rather looking for control surfaces rather than an analog mixer. Regular analog mixers don't offer any kind of DAW control (there are hybrid units that offer analogue mixing & MIDI DAW control, but we're talking about 10 times your budget), and the Fast Track only has two outputs - for analogue mixing, you'd need to have as many outputs and inputs as the number of track you want to use. For a 12-track mixer, you'd need 12 each: 12 outputs to the (physical) mixer, and 12 inputs back to the DAW. But take a look, for example, on what's offer in Sweetwater's control surfaces section to get an idea what's available & at what price.

So yeah - mixing analog with a DAW is kind of a hassle. There's either a lot of cables, probably a couple of daisy-chained audio interfaces (because not many offer more than 8 simultaneous inputs & output on their own) and the actual mixer itself or you'd have to splurge on a hybrid solution like Presonus' StudioLive series or something like the Allen & Heath ZED R16 which are pretty expensive for a home recordist.

Last edited:
and what do yu think about akai midimix or Behringer X-Touch Control? is cheaper and give me control for faders in my DAW, but can i doubled tracks? yu kno one faders 2-3 tracks

Last edited:
I haven't personally used either of those, but would've probably suggested something like that.

As for controlling multiple tracks with one fader, you can either group tracks or, well, maybe they can be freely mapped to multiple faders - this is more down to Cubase's features than the control surface's.

Back