Low Sound Problem In Windows 10

ossify

So i just recently bought a new pc because the one i had been using for three years started to slow down on me.
My old pc had a windows 8 OS and the sound card was made by IDT. No problems whatsoever. Beautiful sound quality.
I bought a laptop a few months ago and it had a windows 10 OS and a realtek hd sound card. The sound was lower than it was supposed to be and just overall not good for music production. It sounded like the volume was at 80% compared to my old pc and i had it turned up to 100%. Meaning that whenever i tried to make a beat in my DAW everything would sound distorted and muffled because i would make things 20% louder than they were supposed to because it would sound low to me when in reality it wasnt. I thought it was the brand that was the cause of the problem and bought a new pc. I got the new Pc like 5 days ago and im having that exact same problem. At this point ive tried EVERYTHING and i believe it the Realtek sound card that's causing the problem. I cannot work right now which is a MAJOR problem. What do you guys think the problem is? Should i buy a audio interface, would it fix the problem? I was thinking about buying the NI Komplete audio 6 but i really have no idea why im losing 20% of my volume
:4theloveofgod:

Last edited:
Back