Jaz Drive - ????

Untuchable_Jay

Some years ago when I first obtained my 2KXL it came with a Jaz drive and 7 or so disc...haven't gone through everything on the disc yet. 2KXL has a CF reader so I hadn't been too quick to pull this out and hook it up just yet. Are the $150+ adapters the only usb option i have to access theses quicker? is it worth even holding on to this old tech??

You should sell your 2KXL and find one that has a CF card reader installed by its previous owner. If you have MPC experience research the MPC X, MPC Touch and/or MPC Live.

My 2KXL does have a CF drive installed. I swapped the original floppy that was in it, the Jaz Drive was just thrown in. I have a Maschine and it's cool (I've had more issues with that than I did running FL on a Dell), and I've been eyeing a MPC Studio or Ren since they dropped. I plan on holding on to the 2KXL, but wasn't sure if the Jaz Drive was worth holding on to.

My 2KXL does have a CF drive installed. I swapped the original floppy that was in it, the Jaz Drive was just thrown in. I have a Maschine and it's cool (I've had more issues with that than I did running FL on a Dell), and I've been eyeing a MPC Studio or Ren since they dropped. I plan on holding on to the 2KXL, but wasn't sure if the Jaz Drive was worth holding on to.

Keep the MPC and ditch the Jaz drive.

Yeah it's old tech but I would still hold onto that Jaz drive because you never know when it might come in handy, like say you pick up a SCSI CD drive and you need to terminate the end of the SCSI chain or you pick up some other SCSI sampler for peanuts or whatever.

Back