Which interface would be enough and not overkill

andreimachado

So, I make a very specific use of hardware for music so I'm not sure what kind of interface do I need.

My DAW is FL Studio, I record through a digital KORG piano into a VST and occasionally use other VSTs as well, like strings and pads.

All I need is an interface good enough so I don't get cracklings and clipping when there is many VSTs/instrument voices going on. I think the buffer problem would be fixed with a interface that has a good driver, right?

I previously owned a M-Audio Fast Track II and it was good enough for my needs, but it started to die after many years of use.

Also, I do not use the input for guitars and mics, but not sure if that is avoidable.

I looked into the Foscurite Saffire Solo, the iTrack Solo and the Steinberg UR22. I suppose any of those would do the trick, but I wonder if there is any reason I should get the most expensive of those, the UR22.

Or even better would be money-wise, there is the Behringer UM22, but as it uses generic ASIO driver I'm not sure if would help the crackling/clipping issue better than a good sound card. And it's probably way less durable.

I'm kinda lost not because quality or price, but about what should I get that would be what I need. Sorry if I misused any term, will gladly make anything clear in case it's not.

Any light on the matter is heavily appreciated.

And oh, PC specs:

i5 7400
16gb ram

Last edited:
Back