Intel Celeron... Am I in trouble???

BC001

Greetings,

I am currently dusting off the old ASR-10 and planning to add FL Studio 5 / FruityLoops to my production set up. My PC is an Intel Celeron w/ 256MB... is this going to work? From what I read, mimimum system requirements are Pentium III for FruityLoops and the Emu 0404 sound card. Nowhere is the Celeron mentioned, which I thought was just a lower cost alternate to Pentium III.

Any help would be be appreciated. My objective is to put beats together via sampler/sequencer and then save in .wav files so that I can simply take a CD data disc to a the recording studio and upload my files to ProTools.

Thanks in advance,
BC001

The processor is an Intel Celeron CPU 1200 MHZ. The Em-u 0404 soundcard says it runs at 500MHZ or higher and also needs 500MB space, my system currently has 6.69GB available space. Looks like I might be OK for now, or at least until I begin saving lots of samples in the HD?

BC001

Don't worry, you should be fine. The 1.2ghz celeron was similar to older PIII's and a lot better than a 500mhz Pentium.

In these days, it doesn't take much to fill an HD. But when the time comes that you need more disk space, you can add in another HD.

Yeah I dont think you will have any problem. But I would try to upgrade the memory to 512 or more.

Back