Focusrite 2i2 gen 2 any good?

Yes, it will do the job very well. I always refer people to this best audio interface rundown. All of those will suit your needs for producing in FL - 2i2 gen 2, Steinberg UR22, Komplete Audio 6, Onyx Blackjack. If & when you buy it make sure you're getting the 2nd gen as opposed to the 1st, they made small but good improvements.

I think it's worth mentioning - and it is subtly mentioned in the article itself, but that list is strictly about the best entry-level, low-budget audio interfaces. There's also the odd mention about the basic functions of an audio interface that they (sometimes) "take the load off the CPU". No, they don't, unless the term is extended to deal with DSP platforms like UAD. Certainly none of the ones listed here won't do any of that.

I have the Gen1 version and it is a solid unit - the newer version is going to be another winner (even against updated competition).

Depends on if you need more than 2 ins and 2 outs in your audio interface. That is the question you need to answer before moving forward.

Back