do I need audio interface for rokit speakers

Will rokit speakers for in laptops of do i ned a audio interference?

yes you will need a audio interface

unless you're laptop has 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS, 1 x RCA outputs (which I'm 99.99999% sure you're laptop doesn't)

as the KRK have a 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS, 1 x RCA inputs

I don't know your budget
but if you're asking if you can hook up KRK Studio Monitors(which are entry level Studio Monitors) you're probably on a budget which many who start to buy hardware are
look into these 3 models
1. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. PreSonus AudioBox
3. Avid Fast Track Solo

when choosing hardware or even software read the specifications of the products

be blessed

sorry fatal, you are wrong; to elaborate on my initial answer: a 1/8" trs cable to two rca cables will do the job.

Having an interface would perhaps be more manageable as you do not have to mess with extension cables on the end of the two rca's, but not essential

sorry fatal, you are wrong; to elaborate on my initial answer: a 1/8" trs cable to two rca cables will do the job.

Having an interface would perhaps be more manageable as you do not have to mess with extension cables on the end of the two rca's, but not essential

I understand that but come on who would want to deal with all that
as you would need extension cords for sure
just to set your Studio Monitors in the right position
to get that sweet spot

the first piece of hardware I ever brought was the
Tascam US-428 Audio/MIDI control surface interface

and
was blessed to get it for super cheap at a going out of business sales and it came with Cubase VST 5.0(5.2)
back in 2002
still works on Windows 7

also brought my Studio Monitors that day
Tannoy Proto-Js

I guess it's up to the person and what they are willing to invest in their craft

Charlie is young (same age as my youngest) and whilst she is developing at her craft, I do not know whether she truly has the cash flow to enter into buying more and more stuff simply because it would be easier than messing with a few cables to achieve the same basic outcomes

Charlie, you can work around not having an audio interface, I'm with Fatal on this (24-bit 96kHz sampling), it's impractical and besides, Focusrite offer award winning pre's at ridiculously low, competitive market prices.

Check out the link -

USB Audio Interfaces | Focusrite
If it's a case of limited resources, they come up second hand on Ebay from time to time.

Charlie is young (same age as my youngest) and whilst she is developing at her craft, I do not know whether she truly has the cash flow to enter into buying more and more stuff simply because it would be easier than messing with a few cables to achieve the same basic outcomes

by age 16-18 I was bring in $600+ take home money a month when it wasn't football season or track season
back in 1995-1998
I brought every piece of clothing I wore for age 15 up
the kids growing up now have very,very affordable equipment available

Last edited:
not every economy and certainly not every locale in the world can sustain kids making that kind of money week in week out: what you made may have been typical for the time but it is certainly not I knew of (even accounting for inflation) when I was that age (ca. $50) nor what my kids know now (ca $135) (figures quoted are government minimum wage figures less 10%, which is what the government pays in universal unemployment benefits to kids under the age of 22)

I'm all for encouraging kids to spend to improve their situation but I'm also cognisant of the fact that that money may be needed for other more important things

Back