Boss DR-202 Dr. Groove-- How is it??

S

Silhouette

Basically I was just wondering what some people thought about the Boss DR-202. I try different types of music and I was wondering how it is for D'n'B, Jungle, and Trip Hop. If anyone feels like sharing their thoughts on it I'd be thankful.

-The Silhouette is upon you!

I had one in my hqnds today and boy did it feel light! I had imagined I would buy one a few years ago but it seems very lightweight/ un reliable to me.

I think, like anything, it is best to invest.

in good gear, man.

it was my first piece of gear and i liked it a lot, for the styles you're into it's a very good machine, but the sound quality is very low (maybe if that's what you're after, the "lo-fi" vibe). All i can say is i had two years of good fun with it, and then sold it to get a emu module.

if you plan on doing gigs and travel alot a 202 or 303 are great 202 can run on battaries your giving up alot of new fx's and stuff cause the 303 does not have battarie options if you want to do studio work put the money into a good studio sampler

i own one and well here it is...

things i like:

the wide canvas of sounds
the easy programmability of it (i sequence it from cubase)
the ease of menus and changing sounds

things i hate:
the fact that there isnt a clap for a lot of the presets

I have it I like it but I'll sell it to ya

This was my first piece of gear. I loved it. still do for certain things. I only use it for hip hop drums, some trip hop and drum and bass rolls. (its the only box I know of with a roll button) I have a 505 now and the 202 is much easyier to program. Its a good bit of gear, I also have the matching sampler. I like that it can run on batteries. (write tunes anywhere.) I wouldn't mind selling it. Drop me a line if you your intereseted. Daileygregory@hotmail.com

Back