Best Laptop PC for Music Production?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in buying a Laptop PC for Music Production. Not a Mac, because I use FL Studio/I'm more comfortable with PCs. Any suggestions? Thank you in advanced.

You get what you pay for, just get something with reasonable specs within your budget (from a reputable location).

anything with a duo core will will work the more ram the more core's the better (more processing power) if your not gunna have an interface or mixer then look for a decent soundcard as well

Be sure to vote for bronxsta in the beat battle that's going on now (the link is in my sig) good lookin out

Last edited:
One that is shaped like a desktop .
Seriously , the number of people buying these thing out of wonderlust must have the industry laughing it undercarriage off .
(Oh I need it to be portable , I don't have the room etc. heard it all)

i bought a laptop for 500 off of new egg. a buddy of mine who is a PC expert recommended it to me for the price. i think its called Lenovo Ideapad. quad core 1.5 ghz. it ran some house songs on Reason pretty good(house songs on Reason takes a lot of power with all the effects and crap) and i use it with my Tascam US-144.

Why the hell are so many people constantly going out of their way to get wimpy portable computers for music production? what's the plan, take your laptop, external hard drive, external audio interface, studio monitors and keyboard to the cafe or park for a spot of light beat making?

I own a laptop, works great, knocks most desktops out the ****in park.
HP Pavilion DV7t, custom made
8 Gigs of Ram, Intel i7 Quad core processor, 6770 Radeon Graphics.
Cost me $1000 on the HP website.
Great investment.

look u can get a laptop for a 1000 or an emachine for 300 give or take plus taxes althon dual core and a terabyte hd an 3gb ram and u can save the rest of ur money on the equipment u really wish to spend it onn .. cause usually my studio is in one place and thats where it needs to be .. in my studio and no where else , cause its a studio an i dont need to go mobile .

plus monitors and soundcard interface prices are expensive jus to make quality beats

Last edited by a moderator:
thats try smoothkuik but the majority of these peeps who are intersted in laptops just want to be mobile but they dont see the down side but thats me i went from a laptop to desktop from having a decnt laptop to a 10xs better desktop ..

pros and cons thats what it comes down too..

well some of them might Dj? why not kill 2 birds with one stone.

Simple , that is one sure way to kill one of the birds (your laptop with your work on) much quicker .

The OP only mentioned the requirement for FL , not DJing .
Are you a guilty dissonant laptop owner by any chance :P

I have a gateway I run FlStudio Reason and Protools 10 on it I got it for 500 it has an i5 in it. I am a happy camper.

yes i am :). but anyways yes a PC is of course always gonna be more powerful and have the custom capabilities compared to a laptop. i use to have a PC running with E-mu 1212m til it went down the shitter(plus it was old) but i decided to go laptop because i was interested in Djing and decided to buy one of the controllers for EDM and a Tascam us144 with Reason. i personally dont see nothing wrong. i see laptop production gonna be a big thing.

Why the hell are so many people constantly going out of their way to get wimpy portable computers for music production? what's the plan, take your laptop, external hard drive, external audio interface, studio monitors and keyboard to the cafe or park for a spot of light beat making?

thats not enough your laptop needs to have a strong enough processor. .. my old junk freezes even though i use external devices all the time,, still i need to buy a new one .

One that is shaped like a desktop .
Seriously , the number of people buying these thing out of wonderlust must have the industry laughing it undercarriage off .
(Oh I need it to be portable , I don't have the room etc. heard it all)
Thats dumb, i don't know about you but laptop is best, you can always take it to the studio, put it in your backpack and travel with it, and i personally always end up making beats while traveling while in a car or at a friends house. Name one thing the Desktop does better than a laptop than stand still, and i highly doubt the industry cares about what you make your work on as long as it comes out good, that comment you made was just beyond retarded to me.

Haha damn ReddHarlemX you should check Foggy's post history, he happens to be one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on these forums.

Tower systems do everything better than laptops except portability, so the real issue is the true value of portability Vs the perceived value in relation to production.

How does mobile production compare to producing in a dedicated production environment?

Haha damn ReddHarlemX you should check Foggy's post history, he happens to be one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on these forums.

Don't care about his previous posts, just that one didn't make any sense to me. Like what percs are there to having A desktop compared to a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back