Beginner studio monitors

Frocco

Hi, I've been looking into a couple of different studio monitors such as the krk vxts, as well as the yamaha hs8 for a small home studio i'm currently planning out. Since I have never owned any monitors, I'm looking to spend around 400-800$. Half the people are saying krks are better, and the other half think yamaha are better. I really don't know who to trust or what to get a this point haha :bigeyes:. Meanwhile, i get some other dude saying the adam speakers are better than both brands, I just don't know which path to take..

Also, it would be great if someone could give me recommendations for a sub-woofer because I love sub bass and need one for the studio. I was looking into the krk 10s sub-woofer but I don't know any starter sub-woofers to compare to.

Thank you!:cheers:

Last edited:
If you get these you dont need a sub.

They are better than krk's but not as detailed than the hs8's.

The bx8 d2 is a great for begginers and also more experienced producers.

You would need the hs8 in the case that you must have the utmost high fidelity.

Monitors are usually sold singularly.

Here are 2 studio monitors (pair) for a great discount price currently of only around $206 shipped.

They usually run about $500 for a pair. (2 monitors).

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/hardware-software/hardware/studio-monitor-deal$$$-489784/

if you haven't threated yyour room ,any monitor ll be bad.spend some money more and make your custom bass traps and panels!and check equator d8,krk rpr8 rokit mk3.avoid bass reflex in the rear.

Back