Audio Interface Suggestions

auralusion

Hello all,
I recently purchased an early 2013 MacBook Pro 15" Retina. 512GB SSD 16GB RAM. Nice machine. It has two thunderbolt ports, and two USB 3.0 ports. My last MacBook Pro 15 crashed, and I was using an M-Audio Profire 610 audio interface, which is a FireWire 400 device. My question is this: what are some audio interfaces that some of you would recommend? I have read that I can get a Thunderbolt -> FireWire 800 adapter, and then a FireWire 800 -> FireWire 400 adapter, but I have read some sketchy results by users attempting to use the audio interface in this fashion. I need 24bit/192khz, 2 XLR inputs, multiple 1/4" inputs, multiple 1/4" outputs, and preferably, 2 headphone outs so that myself and another can monitor at the same time without using a headphone splitter. Any suggestions? It just seems that if I attempt to try to integrate my Profire 610 into this machine, it is going to take a combination of adapters/cables and like I said, I have read about many peeps that have had numerous varied problems attempting to do this regarding power issues, audio problems, etc. Anybody have any suggestions as to what a solid, high-quality interface might be worth looking into? I can't spend thousands of dollars, but willing to spend a little bit of dough for the right interface if it can meet all of my needs. I run Ableton Live 8 Suite as my primary DAW -- not sure if that would make a difference and have an influence on this decision.

Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions you can provide futureproducers!!!

~

Back