Which Audio Interface Is the Best For Me?

JackpotDanger

Hey guys,

I'm a newly registered user but I've been reading this forum for a while. I've been wanting to buy an audio interface lately but I don't know much about them, so I wouldn't know which one would be the best for me.
I currently own a Maschine Mikro, an Oxygen 49 MIDI keyboard, a Shure SM57 microphone, a record player with USB and some M-Audio monitors. I would also record electric guitar.

The main reason I'm buying an audio interface is because I want to hook up my microphone, but if I could get other stuff working more smooth and sounding better, that would be awesome.

My budget is between the 100-150ish range and the interface I've been eyeing the most is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance

Solid choice. I don't think there's anything markedly better at that price point - the other options would be Steinberg's UR22, Roland's Duo Capture and Tascam's US-2X2, but they're all gonna be pretty similar.

Solid choice. I don't think there's anything markedly better at that price point - the other options would be Steinberg's UR22, Roland's Duo Capture and Tascam's US-2X2, but they're all gonna be pretty similar.

Is the Tascam US-2x2 compatible with windows 7. I have to replace my Tascam us 144 which is not compatible with windows 7.

it varies from machine to machine. 2i2 is good, I have one of those but prefer the ur22. Feels good.

If I where you I'd check out a komplete audio 6 or scarlett or tascam.
There's another interface that sucks but can't remember what gearsluts thread had a discussion about that lol

fwiw - the 2i2 has kine level input issues that cause clipping with many electric guitars, even with gain turned all the way down.

Back