Apple Macbook Pro

yeah it will work great with pro tools, ableton, logic, dp....i have a macbook (not the pro) and i use pro tools and logic 8 both work great, no problems yet

u shouldn't have a prob, i know a few people that use it for productions...upgrade ur ram tho

ok thanks for the replies...but will it work fine with FL Studios & also...are their any other MAC laptops that will work great with producing

you will need either parallels or boot camp to run FL on your mac...

as far as other mac laptops for producing, there are plenty...it really depends on what you'll be doing and how many things will be running at the same time...i was running logic pro 7 on a g4 ibook 1.33mhz with a decent amount of plug ins going and didn't have too many problems...

everything has its limit...

parallels or boot camp always you to run windows on a mac...FL is a windows only so you need either one if you wanna mess with FL

LMAO@ gettin a MBP and then askin if it will run FL. LoL, y not get a laptop from walmart with extra ram and save half the money for other stuff, like some decent monitors and/or an audio interface? Honestly, i mean FL is not a resource hog, i ran it for a while on a 766 celeron w/256mb of ram with no latency, clicks or pops. It was an E-machines too, lol still works. Now that u said something about it, i think i'll drag that machine out the garage and fire it up so i can record some FL Slayer off of it. Love the slayer, anyone know of any VST guitar synths that are comparable to slayer? I'd hate to break out FL everytime i want a good guitar synth.
LevLove

Last edited:
Back