AMD A10 7800 - Good CPU for FL?

Walker9

ASUS K31BF Desktop PC Deals | PC World

Hi all I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if this asus k31bf has a good enough spec to handle large vst's I'll be using in fl studio such as kontakt 5, massive, Serum. It has a 3tb hard drive 7200 rpm, 8gb ram. For the price it looks pretty good but I'm not sure how good amd processors are. I have the money to get an i7 core tower but if I can save myself £400 then obviously I'd save the money. My current computer is only 500gb, 5900 rpm, with only 4gb ram and just can't handle the large vst's.

This CPU is gonna be way enough for many instances of all the plug-in you mentioned. I would just add an SSD for your OS and DAWs. Be sure to buy an MLC type SSD if you do so.

An A6 cpu is enough. A pentium is enough. Haswell and kaveri are way above those. i3, i5,i7. A6, A8, A10
No A4, No pentium 3 or 4, no phenom in this day and age my fella.

But if you do not already have an asiobox, that would be the absolute first thing to get period.
That crap takes SO MUCH LOAD off processors it is almost necessity.

Oh. Well if you have one of those you have an asiobox man. It cuts cpu usage incredibly down.
Asioboxes are just those boxes with volume knobs on them. Anything that reminds you of a focusrite=asiobox anything witha similar look.

Partitions let you use windows without touching parts of a hard drive entirely.

An A6 cpu is enough. A pentium is enough. Haswell and kaveri are way above those. i3, i5,i7. A6, A8, A10
No A4, No pentium 3 or 4, no phenom in this day and age my fella.

But if you do not already have an asiobox, that would be the absolute first thing to get period.
That crap takes SO MUCH LOAD off processors it is almost necessity.

Two things:

1. A P4-HT, Pentium D, Core2, Phenom, Athlon II or what have you can all still be used for FL Studio. Theoretically a P3 could even be used but you would need to have the recording experience to know how to work with something like that.

2. WTF is an "asiobox"???

Back