Adam F5 vs Rokit VXT4

OnionCiC

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum, but not to music production: i had a studio and i used Yamaha HS5m. Two years ago i had a very bad personal situation and i sold all my stuff.

Now i want to recreate my little space and i need an advice on studio monitors.

I found this two models used and very convenient and i'm very doubtful.

My room is a little bit small and non treated and i know bigger cones means bigger audio problems so i end up with this two different solution.

For producing HipHop, Trap and EDM which of this two are the best?

What was your personal situation? Do you have a budget? Buy new, not used. Room treatment is a must if you can do so. Research the Adams and other brands and skip the Rokits.

There's no answer because these are impossible questions to ask ;) Every speaker is gonna have it's defenders and detractors, and most people will simply be justifying their own buying decisions.
The higher up you go in price range the more zealous people tend to become!

The only honest answer here is that any of the established brands will probably do you just fine. There is no best, it's just personal taste. I'm a fan of Yamaha, not so much of KRK.
They seem more geared towards DJ's and musicians who appreciate the fattened sound. I like the open transparent sound Yamaha has, but other people get great result mixing into the KRK's.
I haven't seen or heard the Adam's, but from the specs my guess would be they're brighter and more accurate in the top end. While KRK are usually a bit hyped in the low-end.

4 and 5 inch speakers seem awfully light to be mixing bass heavy music on though! I'd go for something bigger with more bass response (and treatment).

Back