2i2 vs 2i4 AND Headphones question?

• Thread starter Phantom Produktionz
  • Start date
P

Phantom Produktionz

Just a quick question.

I bought a Scarlett 2i4 as I have a Rode NT1A and I needed a preamp as well as an interface regardless. I was going to do basic instrument recording as well as some vocals (occasionally, but the main purpose was for instruments). I just wanted to know if it was worth the extra £50/$75 for the upgrade to the 2i4 or should I return it, buy the 2i2 and use the money elsewhere? I like the features such as the pad button, the ability to blend the inputs and the extra outputs, but the only real one I'm gonna use is the blend and pad (if/when I get a guitar). What's your opinions?

Also, I bought a pair of ATH-M40x headphones and debated whether I should have gotten these or the KNS 6400, the M50x is a bit out of my price range, even if its only £40 more. The headphones will be for mixing/recording/general music listening as I found the earcups fairly comfortable. But should I then buy a 2i2 and get M50x or stick with the 2i4/M40x combo I have now? Thank you.

As a dude with a 2i2, just stick with what you already have. They have a different amount of connections and that's it.
never tried either headphone so I don't know if the m50 is a big step up from that one.

Last edited:
Im sure your heard that before but its not recommend it to mix with headphone only , just to let you know . Also i wouldnt upgrade the m40 to the m50 cause i seem somewhere that the m50 are not totally accurate . The low and high have been boost a little so its very good for listening music but not perfect for mixing . I would save a little more for the m70x . I know they not cheap but at least the responce frenquence is really flat with the m70x wich is better for mixing . For the 2i2 never try the pre amp for recording but if you can save a little more for the quad capture from roland this would be the best . The pre amp is really good and the quality of the recording will be slightly better with this one as it provide 24 bit - 192 hz audio quality .

Hope it help

Back