Computer shutting down while loading FL studio Plugins and projects! High CPU load?

Musnick

Good day everyone. I am in dire need of some help concerning my Hp Pavilion p6-2330 . I am a producer and I use FL studio.

I've never had this problem before but now it happens almost every time. When I open a project with a lot of VST plug-ins or a new VST plug-in it just immediately prompts windows "shutting down". I am not sure if its exclusive to FL studio or a High CPU load in general.

I've tried a lot. Replaced my PSU. Blow out the dust from my fans thoroughly. I really doubt its a overheating problem because it only happens when opening a project with a lot of vst plugins or opening a new vst on top. and my CPU isnt hot

Is there a crash report i can look at to see the reason its shutting down? What can i do?!

ok this is what i would do. boot up in safe mode if you're running windows 8 search sysdm.cpl open that up go to the advanced tab then click settings uncheck automatically restart then reboot. you may get the bsod. if so its most likely a hardware issue (ive had this happen with AMD processors..) if its still shutting down without the Bsod you maybe infected with a virus then a full recovery would be needed.

you may also try bouncing out your wav files into a new fl project instead of throwing a shit load of plugins in one project. you can save alot of cpu strain.

You could try opening the event viewer, Event Viewer - Open and Use in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums for win 7. See if it says anything there.
Try to see if you can recreate the problem loading different stuff.
You can stress test your cpu with prime95. Make sure to check temps while doing this with coretemp. Make sure you know the max temp of your laptop. Make sure that when you disable prime95, it's really disabled. If it's still running, it should still leave a visible icon in your systray. You can right click that and click stop , or exit to completely exit it.
You could try a memory test MemTest86 - Offical Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool .
You also have software that does a complete system/pc check. Mem, graphic card, stress test, etc. Don't have the name of an exact program. Google it.
The problem description at this point is very vague as to when it occurs. If you want better help, you need to pinpoint the problem, therefore you need to know the exact situations on when it occurs or when not.
At this point, it could be anything software or hardware related.

Two last resort steps:
- System backup and a clean install after a full wipe.
- You can pay a repair shop to find the problem for you.

Last edited:
I will try all of that ASAP. but really only happens when I'm loading a Project with a lot of plugins, or when Im adding a plug-in to a project with plugins.

so ive been stress testing and its been FINE running at 100. its passing everything so hiccups or glitches. maybe its something wrong with fl studio man cause idk why my cpu can take the test

Back