SELLING: PROPHET-5 Rev 3.3 Vintage Analog Synthesizer w/ MIDI (eBay NY)

D

dreamthr

For sale (or best offer) is the vintage Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 analog synthesizer, which after 25 or so years, stills looks amazing and plays just as well. I used it on many of my recordings and I am sadly parting with it. This is the Rev 3.3 version which has factory installed MIDI, is capable of microtonal tuning, and has 120 memory patches. The Rev 3.3 also uses Curtis chips, and is considered the most reliable of all Prophet versions. I am the original and sole owner of this Prophet-5.

Condition:

On 6/5/2008, it had a complete professional servicing at a cost of $800 from Davidson Electronics, Plainview NY. It sounds and operates at 100%, has all the original factory patches installed, and every part is in perfect working order.

Cosmetically, for a 25 year old piece of equipment, I would consider this Prophet-5 in near-mint condition. The wood finish looks almost as good as day one. Any noticable flaws are shown in my photo gallery and there are none that would detract the beauty from this synthesizer. This Prophet 5 was very gently taken care of over the years. It never left my studio for gigs.

Also includes:

The original Operation Manual from Sequential Circuits in near-mint condition. Still in its black/clear binder, there are no tears, no folded corners, with all white pages. The only exception is the outer tabs which are slightly yellowed.

A flight case by Calzone Case Co. in 3/8" abs covered plywood in good condition. The outer corners are somewhat rusted from years of storage, but the interior foam padding is in remarkably very good condition. It is does what it's made to do: protect your Prophet-5 for transport and I would throw it off an aircraft without any fear.

For more information, please visit my eBay listing (seller ID dreamthr). Thanks!

Back