Roland TR-808 (selling? maybe)

my first post on here said $400 then I got a buyer for $600 so i came back here and told you that. As soon as i got the buyer for $600, I changed it to $800 to see If i could get more, and I did.. how is that so hard to understand? I can see that you are concerned about other peoples well beings but I am the wrong person to be worried about scamming.

and as for selling it for $400, I didnt know exactly what it was worth but I figured $400 was pretty low. I figured these things went for around $600-700 but i know differently now.

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying. I am saying that I found the listing on Craigslist listed for 800 when you were telling me $400 and then after that said $600. It was already listed for 800 before you even got to 600. and you didnt answer my question:

If you didn't know what it was worth why did you try to sell it for $400 but know you were giving someone a deal?

If this is legit then I owe you an apology. But if somebody gets screwed I can't say that I didn't try to help.

Well i understand where you're coming from but I am 100% legit. Nobody could get screwed because like i said I am selling it locally anyways.. but I guess i can appreciate people like you investigating a little

so in case anyone is wondering.. I HAVE AN OFFER LOCALLY FOR $800 and if anyone wants to outbid and doesn't trust doing business online, they can meet me in the dallas area or PM me for my phone number! 100% legit

thanks

Last edited:
my first post on here said $400 then I got a buyer for $600 so i came back here and told you that. As soon as i got the buyer for $600, I changed it to $800 to see If i could get more, and I did.. how is that so hard to understand? I can see that you are concerned about other peoples well beings but I am the wrong person to be worried about scamming.

and as for selling it for $400, I didnt know exactly what it was worth but I figured $400 was pretty low. I figured these things went for around $600-700 but i know differently now.

You're good at avoiding questions.

You said it was for $400 and then immediately afterwards you jacked up the price. I realize that you could have gotten email offers but it just seems odd that you went from asking $400 to $600 within moments.

And I'm not sure how you could have no idea as to the worth of a TR-808.. you're on this website so apparently you have some notion. just check eBay. They're on there all the time. I would buy a 808 for $500 max. In my personal opinion it's just not worth any more than that. A lot of vintage gear is not worth the going rates these days. There's newer gear out there that's a lot more versatile. Why pay $1000+ for an 808 when you can just buy a Machinedrum? Or $400+ for a TR-606? (Does anyone REALLY think a TR-606 is worth more than $200? I dont...)

Anyway, good luck selling it with your "bait and switch" offers. I just think it's bogus that you had it for sale at a certain price, I said I was interested, and then you change everything. Plus, how can you even be totally sure that the 808 is 100% functional if it's in a pawn shop? Have you gone in and tested it completely? Selling gear "as is" is kinda lame.

I also asked for more pics... and a phone number... and the name of the pawn shop... etc. I'm not calling you a liar but I do think this seems shady. Oh well. Sell it locally. Have fun.

it just seems odd that you went from asking $400 to $600 within moments.
so youre telling me that if you listen something for way lower than the going rate, and people started offering your more and more that you wouldnt take the money? youre a damn liar! i bet you need the money just as bad as i do. I believe that you are starting all this because youre mad that i didnt sell it to you, thats the only thing that makes sense to me right now..
And I'm not sure how you could have no idea as to the worth of a TR-808.. you're on this website so apparently you have some notion. just check eBay. They're on there all the time.
i did check ebay and the only other one had a starting bid of $2500 with 0 bids which was rediculous.

I would buy a 808 for $500 max. In my personal opinion it's just not worth any more than that. A lot of vintage gear is not worth the going rates these days.
may be true, but it sold on ebay last night for my asking price of $1000
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160360713995

picture7copy.png

how can you even be totally sure that the 808 is 100% functional if it's in a pawn shop? Have you gone in and tested it completely? Selling gear "as is" is kinda lame.
i did test it and it worked 100%

I also asked for more pics... and a phone number... and the name of the pawn shop... etc.
by the time you posted that, i was getting local offers anyways. why would i give you the number to the pawn shop?

By the way, since everything is done I paid $180 for a TR-808 in Perfect working condition and flipped it for $1000 so either way I win lol

So, now we've gone from a buyer to pick it up on Tuesday for 800 to it's sold on Ebay? And you don't understand why all this seems shady??

Yeah kinda funny how no mention was ever made of an eBay listing. Anyone can photoshop pics. But whatever. I don't care. Hurray for him.

FYI I made the ebay listing after hours of explaining myself for no reason to you idiots that just cant believe that someone would raise the bar a little to see if any fish would bite.. if i got a buyer for 2 dollars, i would change the price to 4 to see if i could get it, and if i did i would contact the first buyer to see if he could do better than the last guy. what is so damn hard to understand about that? i had no intentions of scamming ANYONE i just wanted to make a little cash once i found out that i could.

and as for photoshopping pictures, what the hell are you talking about? i cant photoshop an ebay listing, and if you are talking about the paypal page.. you can see that bidding is done and the buyer has paid. what could be photoshopped lol?

you people amuse me. its like you have nothing better to do than get on here and try to make everybody into a bad guy. even the other people that get on here trying to sell their gear if they say they want $30 for it, you jump up and say that you can get it new for $25 which is completely irrelevant because this is a buy/sell/trade forum and if you aren't buying, then you shouldn't interfere with a sale.

there was no scam going on here, and if you assholes wouldn't have bogarted my thread with your nonsense, i may have sold it to somebody on here for what i wanted and created a good seller reputation with someone instead of you constantly trying to accuse me of something completely retarded and making everybody else that looks up to you guys think of me as a scammer!

and you do care, that's why you have made so many useless posts in this thread.

and @MANNAS
I said that I had an OFFER for $800 locally and if anyone could beat it it was theirs. I did not say I had it sold already. I posted it on ebay once i found out that you idiots had only one intention which was to try to "expose" me.. i found another outlet with more serious people. wouldn't you? yea i thought so.

the item is sold.. and i have shown you that, do i need to make a video of me packing it in the box to be shipped LOL because i will. not because I have anything to prove here (this site has gone to garbage in the past 3 years), but to make you look like idiots

let me know if there is anything else i need to clear up

I owe an apology here. I checked on Ebay and positive feedback was left for it. While I didn't think it was handled in the best manner it was legit. I know probably no one here cares but I was wrong and owe it to SpaceCamp.

Dude, I'm sorry....but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!

I owe an apology here. I checked on Ebay and positive feedback was left for it. While I didn't think it was handled in the best manner it was legit. I know probably no one here cares but I was wrong and owe it to SpaceCamp.

Dude, I'm sorry....but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!
Appreciate it.

Back