Need Immediate help with Deep House!!!!

Reid

I went ahead and bought a Macbook Pro (16G ram, Quad core) and Logic Pro X, which = a lot of money. Now I've played with all the plugins and can't create a proper deep house vibe with the tech. I hear all this rambling about the plugins Massive, Serum, FM8 and Spire... But if I'm gonna drop another bank account on any plugin... What is the wisest purchase I can make to get more than just the sounds I need? Is it necessary to by Spire and Massive if I had to, or do they do the same thing?

Listing any good tutorial sites and informative sites that would be seriously appreciated!!!!

The korg m1 vst. or the sample of the Piano and Organ Bass. Depends if you're talking real deep house or more commercial. The legendary House Piano and the original Organ Bass is the M1 (more of a commercial vibe).

You don't need the synths you mention but it can help. You only need 1 good synth. Each have advantages but many do the same. It's mainly GUI differences at beginner level. The synth that came with logic should still achieve the sounds but I'm not familiar with it, cubase user here.

Now is the time to buy, many have sales on but you might miss out. I just got the M1 for £25, Z3ta 2+ for £13 (a super deal, I love this synth), Massive & Nexus + Deep House pack. Nexus was expensive but on offer, loads of free Christmas packs off them too.

I got a load of waves stuff, black friday is time to buy from them, but you can do all that with stock for now.

The deep house pack from Nexus is nice. It's not very original but so much to love. Many hate on nexus because it delivers the sounds on a plate. I think it's perfect for learning, so much fun, keeps you locked in, kiss good bye to time.

Edit: if you buy Massive I have the 5 essential Future House sounds. I happy send you them.

Last edited:
Never heard of KORG, but watched some videos and saw the KORG M1 vst had some good sounds. Also I discovered ADSRsounds which offers Deep House Presents for Massive... $20 can get you up to 66 presents. That way of learning makes a lot of sense because you can study how exactly the sounds were programmed (if so) on the vst. Out of all the listed plugins on that site, Massive seems to have the most presents packs to offer for Deep House genre. So, if your saying that Massive could also get me some of your presets your willing to offer it seems like I can make some progress. I've been on Splice and they have listed the most popular vst's and Massive takes first place. Do you think that claiming Massive #1 is realistic? I know Massive will deliver the main loops or so called pads for my songs, but what about bass, and variety in kicks and drum sounds...?

I only mentioned the M1 because of it's Piano & Organ Bass. It's an old skool keyboard rompler, many of it's presets will sound dated. It was only £17.07 ($25) in the sale and considering you get all the expansion cards ever made, included, it's a bargin. That's a lot of £££ re-emulated into VST.

I've never gelled with Massive but it's fair to say it sits at the top. I'm going to force myself this year to get used to it. Compared to Sylnth 1, it's workflow didn't sit well for me. I struggled to do the simplist of things from the get go. I have a lot of hardware and found them easier.

I'd strongly recommend getting Z3ta and the M1 simply for the current price, if the sales are still on. Then Massive with a few preset packs, the standard presets won't be what you like. The M1 will be good for getting the 'real sounds'. Massive, Z3ta for basses, twisted synths etc. For drums, Vengeance Sample Packs.

Last edited:
DO NOT BUY ANY MORE PLUGINS UNTIL YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM

You already have more than you need. You might be able to stick with the logic stock plugs.

You're like a beginner guitarist who can't play the guitar, so instead of learning to play the guitar, buys another guitar because he can't play the first one.

There will definitely be tutorials out there for the logic stock plugs. Maybe not all deep house specific, but what you learn from them you can apply to deep house.

Once you know a bit about synths, then you can decide which one (or maybe even more) you want to buy

Last edited:
scrapheaper speaks with wisdom - Logic comes with everything you need to make any kind of house. You need to check out tutorials on Retro synth, Ultrabeat, compressors, etc. Logic now includes Alchemy, one of the most powerful synths ever made - check it out, you will even find useful presets for house. Hell, you can even throw something decent together with Apple loops ;) Just be patient, watch some tutorials, and ask questions - you have the tools you need.

That is what people say but I disagree.

Yes one can make and do just well with stock but if you haven't got the sounds you want and can't make them it is disheartening. Nexus can be great if you simply want to improve your playing. Having all those goto sounds in an instant ensures you stay locked in. What got me so hooked to sylenth over massive and how I learned it inside out, the sounds it came with were so interesting and exactly everything I loved. Certain synths keep you interested longer. I'm not talking half an hour here. Any synth will lock me in for 3 or 4 but for some, a complete day will pass before I turn it off. it's in those moments when you truly start to learn and your playing improves.

Having 3 or 4 is what I recommend and at these current prices one would be stupid to let them pass. It'll be another year before these offers return. I mean come on... something as powerful as Z3ta 2 for £13. £17 for the exact house piano that is everything house.

Retro Synth is pretty good. I'm talkin "Future house" Deep House, like Tchami, Nathen Rux, WHTKD, and a touch of Disclosure.

fist thing first... When you say "Deep House", what are you referring to? I ask because an old acquaintance of mine, Chris Gray, is a Deep House producer who used nothing but Logic the entire time we were in touch.

:: deep4life ::

All of his releases were done in Logic.

Type... How to make deep house in youtube. Do all the videos that come up. If by the time you've got through the majority of them and you still haven't picked up your own flow, that works, it's not for you.

Even if the tutorials aren't showing you want you think you want to do.

Back