Looking to trade M-Audio Project Mix I/O for a rack mount Firewire interface

TheLetterL

Basically I want a rack interface instead of this huge mixer style interface. Unlike the Digiracks, the Project Mix doesn't have a rack counterpart. If it does then someone let me know. But I basically want the same amount of ins, outs and and MIDI in out and thru. Let me know. I'll take cash if you can make me an offer that will allow me to purchase a rack interface which means if you come to the table with a suggestion or know someone selling one, it benfits you.
https://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/theletterl/IMG_0974.jpg
IMG_0974.jpg
https://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/theletterl/IMG_0974.jpg

you got a pic? is it compatible w/ Reason?

On Second thought, nah, cuz the PM is more equivalent to the 003

Last edited:
Rack

I have a Presonus FP-10. Im not sure what you would be looking for. I think the 002 Rack is along the same line as a project mix without all the faders and etc. very similar. I wish I had some cash to throw in besides a FP10!!!

Last edited:
Maybe, but there is no MIDI thru and there is a significant value gap. Anything else to throw in the trade?

Not much else Im just beginning. The FP10 is pristine. I had it for about 2 months. Never rack mounted. I just bought some Bx5a Deluxes. But I cant give those + keyboard.

Last edited:
What's Up Letter L?

I got a Presonus FireStudio and an M-Audio FW1814, I am sure we could work something out? By the way, the Project Mix is the same interface as a M-Audio FW1814. The 1814 is basically the rack version. The PM uses the exact same components.

Get at me - caseysherrell@gmail.com

ONE

Last edited:
well then why does a used 002 usually cost more than a used firestudio?

They don't! One auction just finished on Ebay for $265. I know people that have bought used 002 rack's for under $400.

Even if it did cost more, that does not make it better? Its all preference.

What does it matter anyway? I said I would rather have a Firestudio than a Digi 002, its called an opinion!

Are you upset about the trade or what?

ONE

Last edited:
naw...

not upset...

just tryin' to compare the two...

no worries...

Oh, OK!

The thing I have heard people say about Digi stuff is when it gets replaced or a new model comes out, it greatly devalues the used value of the older models because Digi has a history of limiting how far you can upgrade the interfaces.

Personally, I don't use Pro Tools so it was never really cost effective for me to go with Digi stuff? I know they make good stuff, but you are paying for Pro Tools when you buy it.

I have always liked Logic and Ableton Live and neither of these DAW's care what interface you use, so it opens up all possibilities. Again, its all preference and what DAW you like to use?

Take Care -

Back