FS: Hoopty TR-707

SUPERBANANABOMB

Up for sale is my "hoopty" TR-707.

It's a little ugly. It has a few little scuffs and scratches. Nothing crazy. It has some discolorations. I has been circuit bent previously, but returned to normal. But there's a putty'd up portion of the front surface where you can see there used to be a patchbay. It's a purely aesthetic thing, the 707 works PERFECTLY, except:

1. The power cord is finicky. You have to tuck the power cord underneath the drum machine with a little bit of tension to power it on. I remember having to do this with my Sega Genesis. It works, you just have to keep the cord tucked underneath and not let it slack, otherwise it will shut off. So basically, you can't move it around a lot while you're using it. Not a big deal for me, I just never move it. No need to.

2. The light on the 16th step sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Whoop-dee-****in-doo. :rolleyes:

I'm not desperate to get rid of it but I don't really need it either. I'm getting a machinedrum soon and I'm sure that will be my obsession for years to come. Just make me an offer. It works great, it's just a hoopty.

Nah, it's a little ugly but it works. This is waayyyyyy lower than a 707 goes for on eBay. I am just trying to make some extra cash because I plan on buying a MPC and a midi to cv converter.

Back