better computer for abelton 8

SlapChop

crazy canuck
I've been using Cubase 4 for the lat 3 years on my PC, but now I'm interested in using the akai apc40 so I can "perform" live. This of couse means switching to abelton, which I wanted to try out anyways, but it also means buying a new laptop.

SO...Should I buy a Mac Apple - MacBook Pro - Technical specifications of the 13-inch model.

or a PC??? HP Pavilion 15.6" Intel Core i7-2630QM (DV6-6195CA) - Silver : 15" Laptops - Future Shop

The macbook pro has 4gb of ram and 2.7ghz processing speed
the HP has 6gb of ram, but only 2ghz.

pcs seem to be generally cheaper and offer more ram but usually have lower processing speeds.... which is more important when performing live with abelton, ram or processing speed??? which ever it is, I want alot of it.

Basically, I'm wondering which computer would be more dependable in a live performance situation. I plan on hooking up all my gear when playing (which would include mpd32 and a apc40) and eventually including a turntable.

this guy has the closest set-up to what I want...able to build the beat live with use of the npc40 while being able to improvise with the mpd
YouTube - ‪DJ Vespers: Take 5 jazz vs Ableton Looper vs Akai EWI‬‏

In the long run, I want to be able to run "The bridge" Ableton - The Bridge , a cross between serato scratch and ableton.

So, what computer would best handle all these ambitious workloads?????

ableton runs great on my macbook pro. i used to use cubase on my pc desktop too, but it doesn't play nice with my mac for composing midi, so now i only use it to mix.

Last edited:
Back