Best Headphones

Hi. I'm buying headphones for electronic dance music production in a price range of 150€ more or less. They must have tight and deep bass and they must not require additional amplifier. Closed or semi open is not so much important, maybe semi-open is prefered becase usually this kind is more comfortable.

Which headphones to buy?
Currently I'm targeting on BD Dt770 pro due it's good audience response in general, but I'm also considering about Sennheisers or KRK in same price range.

Last edited:
Im looking for some headphones to use for producing beats.
What are the best headphones to use for heavy bass rap/hip-hop/ and r&b beat making?

DT770 Pro are monitoring headphones with insane bass response, large sound stage also. combine them with a vrm box and mixing away from your studio on headphones is almost as good as the real thing!

I'm interested in those Beyer DT770 Pro's.

I'm also looking at Audio-Technica ATH M50 at a cheaper price... would you recommend this one as well for hip hop or dubstep producing?

Last edited:
Sennheiser.

But...

If you take the time to "LEARN" your headphones and monitors then you can get good results. Although it's frowned upon, you can mix with any headphones, but you really need to learn them and really use reference tracks.

By that I mean import a song you really like and A/B it and no matter what you're using for headphones, you can get a good idea of what it "should" sound like.

Last edited:
Def a A/B of your favorite tracks to your mix is suggested when using Headphones to mix. I love my Sony MDR-v6 Studio I have like 8 others from Beats by Dre to Sennheiser but seem to love my Sony's for some reason.. :)

personally, I like audio-technica ATH-M50x

I have a pair of seinnheiser headphones as well, but I don't think they are as well rounded and versatile as the audio-technica

I've heard a few headphones. Some of the better ones I found were the beyer dt and the sony mdr, with the audio technica, akg and sennheiser following them up closely. BUT, none of them come close to the German Maestro I'm using now.
All those production headphones are quite bass heavy, wich sounds nice, if you want HiFi sound. So regular listening (I've got a pair of Sennheiser momentums for that). For production, the German Maestro is as much a clean and correct representation that you can get from headphones on low mid and highs.

I've been using ATH M50's with no issue for many years, since about 2012. Wonder if they're still considered up to date.

Btw, the AKG 701s are - at least in some places - selling for less than half the original price right now. I think I'm gonna grab those...

Back