Best hardware for a beginner?

Tomix

I'm giving myself around a £100 ($160) basing it on getting second hand gear at a very good price.

Ideally I want a launchpad type of gear, whether that be an apc 40, mk1, launchpad etc and a midi keyboard.

I'm using Logic pro x making deep house, chill wave type of music with vocals so I would like to load samples and play around with them on a board.

What do you recommend? splash it all on a Maschine mk1,maybe look at another type of hardware I haven't thought of yet?

Ideas appreciated.

We recommend going light and starting small, the first hardware we every purchased was the MPK mini and it was our bread and butter for a ton of our beats. You can't specifically load samples into it but you can control the samples on your software with either the pads or keys. It has 8 pads like an mpc, digital knobs, and octave control buttons. The best part is that its only $100, hope we helped at all and good luck!

Just get the Maschine Mikro. The software is very user friendly as well as the hardware. I bought my first Mikro for $199 at Guitar Center.

Back