Best Drum Machine Ever?

hi-ku

What do you think is the best drum machine? By that I mean what machine has the best pre-stocked samples. I found a website that has free sample packs for almost every machine you could think of? The MPC60 is really good in my opinion. What are you're thoughts

I would consider an MPC or SP1200 to be a sampler rather than a traditional drum machine so I would say my all time favorite is the TR-808.

I wouls have to say the Zoom RT 234.
LOVE that thing,MPC's are "all in one boxes" but if i had to pick one of those it would be the 2000XL.

Peace

I'm gonna go with the 808 for the amount of classics and music movements it has been used in, from early 80's R&B, Pop and Hip Hop this drum machine was the foundation for musical innovation within each of those genres. The list of artists who created classics with this machine is quite large and competitive with classics made with other drum machines.

re

its hard to rate a drum machine on just the stock sounds, there is so much more to them. But like everyone else I go with TR808 in that case. Its my favorite, still use it everyday. MPC60 or 3000 is best sequencer ever, imo, and maybe best/most versatile overall "drum machine" but again its not really a "drum machine". Linns had excellent basic traditional sounds, and are better overall machines than the Obies, but they rock too. My LM2 has a DX snare in it right now, lol.

Out of the few ive owned, id probably say the the streetboxx. It was easy to use, portable and inexpensive.

808 808 808 808... it revolutionized music with that BASS. gotta say, if I could ever find one cheap I would immediately impulse buy and not care.

What do you think is the best drum machine? By that I mean what machine has the best pre-stocked samples. I found a website that has free sample packs for almost every machine you could think of? The MPC60 is really good in my opinion. What are you're thoughts

Forgetting the classics like the 808 and 909, the Yamaha RX5 is great for mangling sounds but ugly as hell. 707 is up there too. I have a soft spot for the Alesis HR16 as well. Nice kicks.

Jamie

Back