Best Affordable Audio Interface for Logic Pro?

Any in the 100-400$ range. Those things kill latency pretty drastically.
Was skeptical till I hooked a 2i2 up to a 2ghz asus lappy years back before building some rigs.

They are very drastic latency reducers.

Behringer's U-Phoria series, Focusrite's Scarlett series, Steinberg's UR series - in no particular order.

I think I'm gonna go with Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. Everyone seems to love them and they seem like a fantastic starting point for sure. Thanks for the help!! I'm sure I'll need more!

My personal favorite is the Audient iD14.

It just works, it's built solid, designed timelessly, the pre-amps transform your headphones to their maximum potential, and the digital to analogue converters are extremely high-quality made by a reputable signal processing company, Burr-Brown.

At a $300 price point, in my opinion it's the best option.

Everybody is using those scarlet units and they work more than fine as far as I know. Its not that a better interface will make you do better songs anyway, if you are not into audio that much you wont even hear the difference between many interfaces.
I use two interfaces: RME Fireface for logic (one of the best interfaces out there but lil pricey) and a MOTU ultralite mk3 that I use on FL.
Both are bit expensive but let me tell you that RME wins hands down in terms of configuration and management. Plus its a rack unit if you need that.

Everybody is using those scarlet units and they work more than fine as far as I know. Its not that a better interface will make you do better songs anyway, if you are not into audio that much you wont even hear the difference between many interfaces.
I use two interfaces: RME Fireface for logic (one of the best interfaces out there but lil pricey) and a MOTU ultralite mk3 that I use on FL.
Both are bit expensive but let me tell you that RME wins hands down in terms of configuration and management. Plus its a rack unit if you need that.

And durability.. my model was discontinued in 2004 (!!), still works without a hitch, still can get the drivers and they still work on newer Windows.
It still performs quite nicely. I can a run a full track, loaded with synths and effects with 23.3 ms latency.

Back