Thread: Beginner in terms of gear

Thanks

Beginner in terms of gear

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have been making beats for a while now but i just started to get my crap together and get some decent equipment
    i currently have a scarlett 2i2 interface which outputs audio from pro tools to my m-audio speakers. I love these speakers and use them for other stuff too. The problem is i can only use them with 1 device at a time, if im workin on beats i plug the usb into the main production pc, but if i want to just play music on another computer i have to switch the usb connection to the other pc. I'm guessing some sort of preamp would solve this? i'm not too great in terms of gear as the title suggests. All i want to be able to to is to hook the speakers up to multiple (2) computers, 1 for makin music the other for just playin music from spotify or games.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by videogamingtown View Post
    I have been making beats for a while now but i just started to get my crap together and get some decent equipment
    i currently have a scarlett 2i2 interface which outputs audio from pro tools to my m-audio speakers. I love these speakers and use them for other stuff too. The problem is i can only use them with 1 device at a time, if im workin on beats i plug the usb into the main production pc, but if i want to just play music on another computer i have to switch the usb connection to the other pc. I'm guessing some sort of preamp would solve this? i'm not too great in terms of gear as the title suggests. All i want to be able to to is to hook the speakers up to multiple (2) computers, 1 for makin music the other for just playin music from spotify or games.

You could buy an aux splitter for the speakers right? dual female y adapter. Unless you need the interface on the other machine or to power said speakers.. I know nothing about that gear.

Thanks
    Or a small mixer.
    They Make A Desert And Call It Peace

Bittihiisi | Krushing | Krushord | Salaneuvosto |

Thread Information