Axiom Pro 49 - How to use it LIVE

omarbibz

Hey, so I have a question. I have an axiom pro 49 and I would like to know how to use it to play live. I don't want to purchase a drum machine and a synthesiser since I can do the same thing with my MIDI. However, I don't understand how to do this. Can someone please direct me to a video which explains this or a forum post or something. The only thing I know how to do is create pre-made drum racks so that I can switch between the racks live, however I don't understand how the process works (how do producers use the midi and play live during parties, thats what I would like to know, how do they loop what they create on the go instead of creating it then going back to the track and positioning it or extending it.. I don't really understand how the process works. All I can do is create the beats and then switch between them). Im using ableton

Last edited:
This is more about learning to use Ableton to do what you want than the keyboard, because the latter won't obviously do anything on its own. But are you saying you don't know how to load plugins & play them with the keyboard? Or am I not understanding this right? Looping on the go (in Ableton) can be approached in various ways, either using the Looper, or simply recording to clips, or making empty MIDI clips (of predetermined length) to record into.

This is more about learning to use Ableton to do what you want than the keyboard, because the latter won't obviously do anything on its own. But are you saying you don't know how to load plugins & play them with the keyboard? Or am I not understanding this right? Looping on the go (in Ableton) can be approached in various ways, either using the Looper, or simply recording to clips, or making empty MIDI clips (of predetermined length) to record into.

No, you misunderstood me. I want to know the process of playing live with my midi, without having to pre-arrange any synths or drum racks , similar to what DJs do in a Boiler Room if you understand what I am saying

Maybe I'm not entirely sure what you want. If you don't want hardware synths & drum machines, you load plugins into Ableton and play them with your keyboard. But what exactly is it that you don't understand?

Maybe I'm not entirely sure what you want. If you don't want hardware synths & drum machines, you load plugins into Ableton and play them with your keyboard. But what exactly is it that you don't understand?

I understand that part, however I would like to know how to play LIVE which is why I asked for a video or a tutorial giving tips on how to play LIVE. all i can do now is just create the sounds I want as if I am producing a song. I dont know how to better explain this.

So do you want to play with other musicians? Create your own tracks on the fly and keep adding to them? Play over your own pre-made loops/sections/songs and/or modify them? I think you have to elaborate a bit on what you mean by "live".

So do you want to play with other musicians? Create your own tracks on the fly and keep adding to them? Play over your own pre-made loops/sections/songs and/or modify them? I think you have to elaborate a bit on what you mean by "live".

Exactly

Which one is it? :)

I mean, playing along with yourself is relatively easy with Ableton, since everything's in sync by default. Still not sure what is it that you're seeking help with - record some playing, loop it, continue playing?

Back