Avalon Design VT-737sp

no, it is a preamp not a master channel device - it should be used an alternative to a channel strip or before the channel strip in your hardware mixer

no, it is a preamp not a master channel device - it should be used an alternative to a channel strip or before the channel strip in your hardware mixer

Was going to say the same thing but since the music we've all come to love has come from people experimenting and not knowing what does what it would've been nice to find out what happens.

Sorry, i did a mistake. It's not the vt-737sp, but the "vt-747sp".

Vt-747sp Class A Stereo Tube Compressor-Eq.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a mic preamp. Now I wouldn't be able to say that your mix will sound horrible coming out of that because that's not what that piece of gear was meant for. But, like I stated earlier... try it out and see what happens. Now if you don't own that piece of gear and are wondering if you should buy it out of curiosity as to what it would do with your mix. Then no. That Sh*t is expensive.

I'm asking, because i have see a video of Nicky Romero in his studio, and he has on of this in the master channel.
And i use, the cytomic glue compressor on my master channel always when i start producing, my idea was to put an Analog gear to replace the glue.
What do you think??

It's a mic preamp. Now I wouldn't be able to say that your mix will sound horrible coming out of that because that's not what that piece of gear was meant for. But, like I stated earlier... try it out and see what happens. Now if you don't own that piece of gear and are wondering if you should buy it out of curiosity as to what it would do with your mix. Then no. That Sh*t is expensive.

the 737 is a mic preamp, the 747 is an end of signal-chain device

Sorry, i did a mistake. It's not the vt-737sp, but the "vt-747sp".

Vt-747sp Class A Stereo Tube Compressor-Eq.

I'd be suspicious only of the 6 band graphic eq which is applied to both channels equally - which is fine for a stereo master buss device - you aren't going to eq the two channels differently in any normal mixing situation

otherwise go for it

I want to go further in my equipment, and will invest in some hardwear gear.
I think the vt-747 is a good choice for begin.

Back