Aux to USB Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGiRatina

My laptop's audio input is damaged and causes grey sound which hurts my ears. Yes, I tested it with other headphones and on a different device. The problem is exclusive to my laptop and not exclusive to any headphone. And no, the laptop's speakers are as crap as usual.
So how do I deal with this? I have decent headphones for music production I don't want to throw away, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any adapter which allows aux output to be connected to USB? Or any other options?

Thanks in advance

Hello GiRatina,

You can find cheap audio converters (usb to aux) at walmart.
There are many online retailers you can find as well.

Hope you figure it all out and keep making great music!

VISIT MY HOMEPAGE

But, let's define terms to make sure we're on the same page. You said "laptop's audio input," then you said "headphones" (which would be plugged into a headphone output). You also said "damaged." Could you described the damage (what is it and how did it occur?), and are you sure you're putting the headphones in the right place, or was that just a simple slip of the keyboard?

GJ

rhythmgj, the damage is as I described in my OP. And yes, I am connecting the headphones to the right place. The described damage has only been occurring after some time.

you can send audio out through an audio interface, then from that, to your speakers or headphones. Depending on what kind of computer, it may be USB on Windows, or a lightning connection on mac. If the normal headphone output (not input, that's an output) is damaged, usb can jump around it, sure.

The audio input usually has the microphone symbol on it. and ya, ...dont put your headphones in there. That's an input. Your headphones have to connect to the output. And according to the OP, you did say "audio input", so if you're connecting headphones to an input, it's not going to work.

Last edited:
Which might cause "grey sound that hurts your ears."

Clarity in language is important, if you want accurate help. You can't expect people to read your mind and understand the situation clearly if you are not explicit.

Case closed for lack of actionable input from OP.

GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back