Which Audio Interface should I get?

ls2013

I need to get a new Audio Interface to record my Guitar and to connect Midi Keyboard. I'm a composer but I just started out recording instruments.
I currently use a midi keyboard connected straight into my mac and I connect my guitar using the cable I got from the Rocksmith videogame.
I want to get an audio interface for around £150 ($240) for recording my guitar.

I found the Avid Fast Track Duo for this price which also comes with Pro Tools Express. I was thinking of getting this because I also want to learn how to use Pro Tools and I am also thinking of buying the full version some day because it is the industry standard.
Should I get this interface or is there a better one I can get for the price and use with my current DAW (Logic Pro)?

If you have a Firewire connection 400/600/800 any of these; you can certainly run the Impact Twin. The Impact Twin is that of a 600 and 800 IEEE Firewire connector. It can be powered or non powered and will power the Impact twin using a powered 1394 IEEE Firewire 600 or any IEEE 1394 Firewire 800 will do as all FIRewire 800'S are powered already. There is no problem going from any 600/800 Firewire to 400 Firewire, (the 400 is always non-powered), although the 400 will not be powered in that case still. IN that case you must power you Impact Twin from the wall outlet (which completely fine in most cases).

It usually runs around 369 U.S. dollars but here is less than 210 U.S. dollars.

Here is a link to an impact Twin for less than 210 U.S. dollars > TC Electronic Impact Twin Firewire Interface

Many years ago the Impact Twin was recalled. I believe it is still under warranty.

This is a great deal and it comes with Ableton Live Lite 8. Maybe the Live Lite 8 "Suite" version is what actually comes along with as mine did when I purchased it over 2 years ago.

I have the Impact twin and it runs firewire. I run it on my PC though and have added my own firewire card to my PC in order to use it. I am well pleased for the most part.

The Impact twin is top top top quality and especially with it's onboard SSL-like compressor, D-esser, and EQ. Actually you get 2 of each one (compressor, D-esser, and EQ).

It has Hi-Z guitar inputs straight into the front as well as the mic availability is in the same spot. The preamps are clean and you can virtually turn them all the way up with no problems or unwanted distortions.

One of the Impact Twins fun points is it's Guitar Tuner. Extremely easy to use and also very effective for quick tunings of your guitar or other instrument.

The Impact Twin has stable drivers contrary to past Tc Electronic equipment and my favorite drivers are found in Dec. 14 2012- Jan. 14 2013! I have had problems though when turning off my Impact Twin at the same time as my computer. So be weary of doing that as well.

Last edited:
Back