APC MKII: Can you map more than 8 parameters?

DimensionX

1. Can you map more than 8 MIDI parameters? I ask because Ableton's Sampler has many more than 8 and I'd like to be able to use all the parameters with the APC.

2. How do I use the APC as a drum pad/keyboard?

3. Can I insert a track or ableton's built in plugin effects or third party plugins? I am not interested in Push 1/2. Thank you!

1. Can you map more than 8 MIDI parameters? I ask because Ableton's Sampler has many more than 8 and I'd like to be able to use all the parameters with the APC.

Yes, you just use the bank buttons below the device control knobs to jump to the next 8 parameters.

2. How do I use the APC as a drum pad/keyboard?

I don't think it works - out of the box - as one. There are some 3rd party scripts to do this, but the pads are not velocity sensitive.

3. Can I insert a track or ableton's built in plugin effects or third party plugins? I am not interested in Push 1/2. Thank you!

No way to do any of this that I know of. Again, maybe some scripts enable this...but as there's no display, it'd be tricky anyway.

Yes, you just use the bank buttons below the device control knobs to jump to the next 8 parameters.

I don't think it works - out of the box - as one. There are some 3rd party scripts to do this, but the pads are not velocity sensitive.

No way to do any of this that I know of. Again, maybe some scripts enable this...but as there's no display, it'd be tricky anyway.

Oh I mean can you use more than 2 banks as there is much more than 16 parameters in Ableton's Sampler!

Oh I mean can you use more than 2 banks as there is much more than 16 parameters in Ableton's Sampler!

Can't remember if there's a limit to the number of banks - but it's probably like up to 128 parameters (16 banks) or something. Much more than 2, at least :)

Back