Allen & Heath ZED 10FX

streetd

I just bought the Allen & Heath ZED 10FX. Complete plug and play with USB no installing no drivers no BS.. Solid built machine sturdy knobs. Great Deal for the $300 budget..

ANYONE CURRENTLY USING THIS MACHINE

I'm using the Zed10 without the FX. Awesome little mixer for the price, really good preamps, useful EQ and like you said very solid build quality. I honestly don't have any complaints.

my only comlpaint is that they didn't give a usb adapter in the box you have to by the cabl but oh well

Ah yeah, I was surprised by that, but no biggie. My only other beef is that the line inputs don't bypass the preamps, but again not a huge problem for me.

It is an interface? If you want to use it with a different interface you have 2in 2out which is clearly labeled on the front.

i have 2 in 4 out im just having a hard time connecting the 2.. idk I realize the ZED has an audio interface in it but its not gonna be the quality of the saffire.. but it did just enable me to have 2 studios on the same desk..lol what cords do i need because im getting nothing with both running

You won't be able to run both simultaneously over USB. If you want to use the preamps and eq from the zed then you run record out from zed to the line ins on the saffire.

Difference in the converters is negligible, the Zeds might be slightly better

technically (i.e. on paper) the saffire is better since the zed only does 16bit. I owned the saffire 6 before the zed though and I think the zed sounds better overall.

Yeah I don't think its a fantastic interface, that part of it seems more of an afterthought.

Otherwise I've been really impressed with it, and I think more people who are in the market for budget preamps, or just a cheap way to connect & control a few pieces of gear should take a closer look at it.

im not sure. i always have felt an audio interface built in a maixer is not going to be as good.. unless its a massive expensive mixer.. I actually dont really hear a difference between the 2 but yes it will not let you use both machines usb at the same time.. That said the quality from the saffire is cleaner but not by much. ZED is very easy to use sturdy and will last..

I said F it and hooked the saffire to my main computer and the ZED to my laptop.. So now i have 2 studios in my bedroom..lol

Last edited:
Has anyone using a Zed 10fx with windows 7 experience the sound cutting out every 60 minute or so? Not sure if this is a software issue with my windows 7 laptop, but the sound returns if I reboot my computer or simply remove the usb plug for a moment and plug it back in again. I've tried everything I can think of to no avail, any ideas out there? Cheers.

Back