AKAI MPK25 mkII problem –*PLZ HELP!

jaevladaniel

I just went ahead and got myself an AKAI MPK 25 mkII (surely not not one of the real MPCs, but it's a controller with MPC style pads supposed to be running with the MPC Essentials software – and of course other MPC software on occasion as well).

The problem is that when I hook it up to the computer in order to use it with the Essentials software (both in standalone mode and as a plugin to Logic Pro X) the pads freak out. For example: When I hit pad one on the hardware/keyboard it triggers a totally different pad in the software, say pad eight.

It comes with some kind of MPK editor that is to be used in order to edit the different controls on the keyboard, including the pads, but I haven't been able to find out how to use it in order to solve this problem.
Also, I've got the MPC Element controller (basically like the pads and buttons from an MPC but without any software in it – it's just a MIDI controller) that works just fine.

I would be a very happy fella if anyone could provide me with a solution of some kind.

Peace.

Back